Monday, May 6, 2013

Things I'm Scared Of

Today's Blogging Challenge topic: Things That I'm Scared Of.

Well, if I'm being honest, I'm kind of a chicken. Although, I do feel myself making small changes (For example, this weekend I am going to a mini blogging conference by myself. I'm scared, but I'm making the effort to face the fear.)

Maybe one day I will become a "Yes Man" and be able to say yes to a lot more with no fear. But not today.

So here are some of my biggest fears:

Flying (aka: being crammed into a germ-infested flying tuna can)
Roller coasters (no thank you)
The thought of zip-lining (which I know I will be forced into one day)
Motion sickness (gross)
The ocean (almost drown when I was young)
Someone breaking in (am I the only weirdo that imagines this terrifying scenario??)
Losing loved ones (this is a normal one, right?)
Spiders (ahem)
Enclosed spaces I can't get out of easily (planes, taxis, buses)

I mean...what a wuss, right?

Basically, I think my biggest fear, which is a cause of a lot of the things on the list above, is not having control. Losing control, putting my trust in something or someone, is what gives me anxiety. Not so much in my emotional relationships, but just in life's physical aspects. Like I said...I'm working on it. :]

What are you afraid of? Did my list strike a couple chords or do you think I'm a big wuss? ;]



Don't forget! Google Reader is peacin' out! Be sure to:
 photo widget_zps50bfec2c.jpg

10 comments:

  1. I am with you on the spiders, roller coasters, the ocean, and people breaking in....luckily Finn has a super scary bark! I am a big chicken about everything too and could have made my post super long, but I had to narrow it down to just a few things :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think I'm with you on just about everything. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has such a strong fear of someone breaking in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a fear of dirty water. It's mainly because I can't see through it. People have made fun of me for years for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not a wuss at all! So many people have fears like you. I have the same fear of people breaking in, especially when I'm in the shower, weird I know!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not afraid of anything, things make me nervous sometimes and I have instances of fear, but I'm not afraid of any one thing - strike that there is one thing: My brother not coming home safe and mostly sound from a deployment. (Knock on wood, crossing fingers, saying prayers this never happens.)

    Everything else I can manage. (Knock on wood that doesn't change next week!)

    I used to be afraid of things (heights, needles, being alone etc) but I don't like other things or people controlling me so I faced each one of them and over came them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.

    I hope you conquer your fears eventually.

    I think losing loved ones is my greatest fear.

    Thank you for sharing, have a wonderful day : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I hear a weird sound in my house I think someone's breaking in, you're not alone! :)

    http://beingstella.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's the little blog conference you're going to alone this weekend? I'm going to one alone next weekend - Blend Retreat!

    My biggest fears are all about control too. It's frustrating1!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my biggest fear is a slow, painful death. And while I don't consider myself afraid of heights, I have realized from a couple terrifying hikes in the past that I am scared of heights if there is nothing there to protect me, such as a wall or some sort of apparatus to hold me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exact, same, list.

    I'm with you on the control thing too. I've spent a great deal of my life alone so I've learned to only trust myself. But letting go and letting people in has been a challenge I'm trying to overcome right now.

    You seem like you had a great time at the conference! And I know us meeting was scary but really cool for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA