Friday, August 12, 2011

Sponsor Spotlight: SeptemberWren

I'm so glad I "met" Meg through Etsy. Her style of photography is right up my alley, and while reading her interview answers I realized she's way too modest about her talent!


Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm twenty-eight, and I have probably held 400 jobs. My husband is a former pilot, and I spent the first several years of my grown-up life moving. For the moment, I play stay-at-home mom to a two-year-old. I try to maintain some semblance of sophistication, but more often than not, I wind up wearing Cheddar Bunnies.

How did you get into photography?
I grew up looking at perfectly composed family photos. My mom made everything look good. She tried to teach me to sew, but I was far too impatient. I remember taking a stapler to failed doll dresses, on more than one occasion. Photography was the only thing that ever came naturally to me. 


What is your inspiration behind your work?
In the past, I've been drawn to dreamy black and whites, and decaying industrial photographs. The bright clean lines of my current offerings are an escape from a never-ending winter in Boston, months of dingy city snow. I've been recovering (slowly) in San Francisco, but in a few days, it's back to the East Coast. 

What advice would you give to fellow Etsy seller who are just starting out?
Um, I was going to ask you the same question! I'm new to Etsy myself. All I can say is opening your shop is the hardest part - putting yourself out there, so to speak. I still haven't told my friends and family about my shop because I'm so self-concisous. Crazy, right?


What has been your best experience with selling on Etsy?
The phenomenal thing about Etsy, is that you never know who will find you. High-profile designers, buyers, and bloggers are all trolling around, hearting away, just like us. I was recently contacted by a talented recording artist. We are now collaborating on the album art for her band's new EP. More on that soon! 

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I most treasure mellow days spent outside with my family. I love picnics, watching my husband and daughter skip rocks, and taking the very laziest of hikes. 

Show Meg some love and stop by the SeptemberWren Facebook page. And definitely check out fantastic photography in her Etsy shop!

2 comments:

  1. Meg's work is so dreamy and playful! I absolutely love it! Thank you for featuring her. I loved the interview as well. Makes me think she would be fun to hang out with a have a glass of exquisitely photographed lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her stuff! It all either reminds me of vacation or just of fun in general.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA