Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Heartsy Feature Prep

I hope you guys don't mind that I'll most likely be absent for the next few days. I have been lucky enough to be accepted to be featured on Heartsy on Thursday! (For those of you who have not heard of Heartsy, it is basically a Groupon for handmade items. You get daily discounts on awesome Etsy shops!)


The feature gives you a ton of exposure you most likely wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I am SO excited but also really nervous about how it all is going to work out. I have been printing, researching, and brainstorming. I have been managing a big To-Do list for the past week. I thought it would be a good idea to share this prep list with those who face a Heartsy feature in the future:

1. Stock up on inventory
2. Stock up on packaging (don't forget the tape!)
3. Stamp envelopes
4. Put return address labels on envelopes
5. Put business cards in envelopes
6. Make a spreadsheet to keep track of orders
7. Change item quantity in shop
8. Put custom message in shop announcement for Heartsy buyers
9. Allow "other" as a payment option in Etsy shop
10. Let fans and followers know about your feature date


I'm trying to be as thorough as possible so I'm fully prepared for Thursday and don't get overwhelmed. But I'm learning that no matter the amount of preparation, I'm still nervous! Be sure to check out Heartsy tomorrow to take advantage of my deal!

I will be back as soon as possible, and in the meantime, don't forget to enter this giveaway! The Owl Clutch prize is getting a lot of love!

6 comments:

  1. i've never heard of heartsy, i'll definately have to check it out :) and great planning!
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is very exciting for you. i'm sure it will work out great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Heartsy Feature! That is awesome, I hope you get a great response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the feature! And kudos to you for being so prepared! I hope you have a huge success! I still haven't filled my shop after my Heartsy deal...ahhh I needed a break from sewing cuz my hands hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds very exciting! Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Saw you on Heartsy...I've just been accepted for a feature as well. :)
    Wishing you lots of luck and lots of fun tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA