Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lately (and a small announcement)

Hump day, already?! Forgive my silence this week, my mom has been in town. Seeing as we only see each other a couple times a year, work took the back burner the majority of her stay. But that did not stop her from taking over J's desk and folding three wholesale orders for me. What a mom. :]
Besides the card folding, we spent a lot of her time here talking about the wedding or shopping for the wedding (dress and centerpieces). That was the reasoning behind her visit, and I'm glad it made her feel more involved in the wedding planning process.

She left yesterday morning and I spent the rest of the day catching up on Etsy orders and packaging the wholesale orders she folded for me. I've also been taking care of J, who had four wisdom teeth pulled Monday night. Also trying to finalize a few contracts for the wedding. And did I mention I have another show on Sunday? :]

It has been pretty hard to not get overwhelmed lately but I keep reminding myself that if my to-do list was short, I'd be freaking out that business was slow. I won't allow myself to be anything but thankful that business is keeping me busy. So any time you hear me turning into a stress-case just tell me to stfu. ;]

On another note, I just wanted to "officially" announce that I have stopped large ad spots for the time being. With the card business taking up most of my time, I don't want to commit to hosting sponsorships when I feel like I don't have the appropriate amount of time to help promote them. I am not sure if/when I will bring this option back, but for the time being I will continue to host sponsorships in the form of ad space only.

The last giveaway I'll be hosting for a while can be entered here. A winner will be announced Friday.

Thank you so much for your continued support in my sponsors, my shop, and my rambling blog. xoxo JA

4 comments:

  1. Totes thought this was a pregnancy post:) But LOVE that your business is flourishing!!! xo Happy wedding planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how happy you feel when your mom visits. I feel the same way when I get to see my mom too. And always so sweet and kind to help... As you said, you should be thankful! It sounds that you have an amazing life time :) Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog through your Etsy shop! You are wonderful, I love your style and your outlook on things, it's so refreshing. I'm writing to ask you about the photo of your mom (so sweet, btw) -- I see a box of plain cards in bulk that I'm assuming you print on? Could you give me any advice where to get these supplies for a decent price? I started my own card shop on Etsy about a year ago just to fill my free time (I figured why not bring someone a smile if I can?), and am having a hard time finding decent-priced items so I don't have to charge people like $500 for one little card. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much : ]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA