Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Whiskey Slush Recipe

While I am preparing for my trip to Michigan tomorrow, I have Jaci, of Sparkover, here to share a recipe post with you guys! Whiskey slush?? This sounds ballsy, and yet, right up my alley. Here's Jaci:

"If you think that you don't care for whiskey, think again! This recipe has even won over the hearts of my non-whiskey lovin' friends and it's perfect for hot summer days!
Whiskey Slush

2 black tea bags, brew in 1c. of water for 10 minutes
6oz of frozen lemonade concentrate
6oz of frozen orange juice concentrate
3 1/2 c. water
1 c. sugar
1 c. whiskey
(you can use any kind you'd like, but I went for the old stand by: Jack Daniels)
Seltzer water
lemon wedges for garnish
Combine brewed tea, frozen lemonade, frozen orange juice, 3 1/2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar. Boil just until sugar is dissolved and let cool. Add 1 cup of whiskey and pour mixture into a freezer safe container. I use a glass Pyrex dish and that works really well.

Put in freezer for at least 24 hours. (This pretty much feels like forever.) Once you've waited for what feels like an eternity, remove from freezer, scoop your desired amount of slush into your glass of choice, and fill it up about halfway or 3/4 of the way and add Seltzer water. Garnish with a lemon. Enjoy!!
You can use Sprite, Sierra Mist, Tonic etc. for the mixer I like to use Seltzer because the slushie part is already pretty sweet. Or, say you're having a really crumby day, you don't need to mix the slush with anything, just stick a spoon in your glass and relax in the sun. Happy Summer!!

*I cut this recipe in half because I don't have a ton of room in my freezer, but it can easily be doubled; like if you're having a party, or if you just really love whiskey slush.*"

Don't forget! Google Reader is peacin' out! Be sure to:
 photo widget_zps50bfec2c.jpg

2 comments:

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA