Monday, October 29, 2012

Homemade Crouton Recipe

I love to get the fresh baked bread from the local grocery store, but it starts to get stale so quickly. Instead of letting the stale bread go to waste, I've started using it to make homemade croutons for our dinner salads. It's really easy!
What you'll need:

Sliced Bread
Melted Butter or Olive Oil
(I used Olive Oil)
Garlic Salt (optional)
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Cut the crust off the bread slices.
Cut the bread slices into cubes.
Evenly coat the bread cubes with the butter or olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt, parmesan cheese, or really any seasoning you would like!
Lay out the cubes on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned.
Let them cool and store them in an air tight container. Add them to your soup or salad for an extra burst of crunchy flavor! Nomnom!

11 comments:

  1. Is so easy and i have nerer think about it!!!Thank you for sharing!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love doing this esp b/c croutons are cray-cray $$

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. i love homemade croutons and it is so easy...but I only end up doing it for special occasions :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, it looks so delicious!
    great job! :)

    xo, lena :>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:54 PM

    I love the idea of using everything and not letting things go to waste. I usually make breadcrumbs with stale bread, but I'll try croutons too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum looks so easy and SOOOOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not sure why I never think of doing this...will have to try next time I make salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo... excellent idea! I'm always having a hard time using up bread fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love croutons, this recipe looks really good! I will have to try this next time I make a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never thought to make my own croutons. Thanks so much for sharing!
    ~Kim
    2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacques7:30 AM

    I season with olive oil, Herbs de Provence, and garlic powder instead of garlic salt. Oh, and a bit of pepper. Olive oil is a much better choice than butter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA