Thursday, September 20, 2012

Michigan Bound

I'm going to Michigan today and I don't think I have been this excited to go home ever. I haven't been back in over a year, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. But more-so, there's a lot of fun plans in store.

I get to meet my cousin Kristen's newborn, Ella. Being an only child, Kristen was the closest thing that I had to a sister growing up. In fact, sometimes we even called each other that. The fact that she has a daughter now blows my mind and I cannot wait to meet her!

I also am looking forward to seeing my Grandpa. I mentioned him last year in my "What I'm Thankful For" Thanksgiving post, so some of you may remember that he has Supranuclear Palsy. I called him on his birthday (which happened to be the day his first grand-daughter, baby Ella, was born!) and it was so hard. His speech has gotten so much slower since I've last seen him and I know it's possible that the next time I see him he will not be able to talk at all. I'm really learning to appreciate the time I get to spend with him.

And then we have the main reason for this trip. A wedding! Yes, another wedding. My fourth one in three weeks! My good friend is getting married on Saturday. Jordan and I are going as guests but I know a part of me is going to be tempted to shoot some video. I'm going to bring my camera just in case. ;]

You can follow along with all the fun over on Instagram (username: julieannart). Keep an eye out for a fun giveaway tomorrow! And I'll be back Tuesday. xo JA

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were from Michigan! Me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Michigan are you from? I am from Grand Rapids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for going home & seeing family. :) enjoy your break! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an amazing time in Michigan! I know you'll enjoy seeing your friends and family. You'll certainly be busy, but it will be a happy sort of busy. :) Good luck with the flight, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels friend, seriously enjoy every single moment with your loved ones and try to relax and enjoy your time back home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to weddings :) Have a fun and safe trip.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4th wedding in 3 weeks?!?! Do you ever sleep? lol. I don't know how you do it, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back to the Mitten! I hope you are enjoying your time and the lovely cool weather we have been experiencing - nothing beats fall in MI! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA