Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Easy Sliders Recipe

I made these sliders for the Fourth of July and made them again for Labor Day. They are a great go-to appetizer because they are easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. I'm really glad I found this recipe because I have never made burgers this way before. The meat has a creamier texture than a normal burger and a different distinct flavor.
What you'll need:

2 lb ground beef
1/2 c mayonaise
1 packet onion soup mix
2 c shredded cheese
24 mini buns
sliced pickles (optional)
grilled onions (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine beef and onion packet in skillet over medium-high heat and cook till brown. Drain excess grease. Stir in mayo and cheese.

Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay out bottoms of the buns and add meat mixture on top. Add pickles or grilled onion if you want. Replace bun tops. 
Cover with another sheet of foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Add some ketchup and you're good to go. Prepare to get messy! ;]

P.S. Don't forget to enter to win the Lace Knit Mason Jar Centerpieces Giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, I have never "baked" burgers either. Such a smart and easy way to make them. I will be doing this with the ground beef I just bought at Trader Joes :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so great and yummy!! wish I was there to eat them! :) thanks for the recipe.

    kelly elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Looks yummy! I might just have to make these for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made these tonight, they were a big hit! Mine weren't really messy though...but I don't do ketchup on my burgers, so maybe that was the difference. My hubby loved them. He said they tasted just like White Castle sliders. He liked them so much, in fact, that he had to take one over to the neighbor to have him try one...lol

      Thanks for the recipe!

      Delete
  4. Yuuuum my mouth is watering!! These look incredible, thanks for sharing! :)

    -Megan
    meganesass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:12 AM

    I made this last week after stalking all your recipes a bit ago and I LOVE IT!!! It was bomb.com!! Thank you :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA