Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Special Video

You may know that I am a camera (wo)man for Jordan's videography business. Well, this weekend, we shot an amazing gala that was being held to raise money for the local children's hospital. Our videography services were a donation, and also a thank you. Jordan's niece was born prematurely and spent the first several months of her life in the hospital's NICU. Needless to say, this event was near and dear to our hearts.

Jordan's sister, Janelle, was one of the event's speakers. She shared the story of her daughter, Bella's, birth, and the challenges they faced as Bella fought to survive. As if this wasn't enough to make me tear up, she also shared the video Jordan put together of the 1st year of Bella's life. Tears were officially falling. What an emo videographer I am.

Anyways, I realized that while I had shared one of the wedding videos we shot, along with a few compilation videos Jordan put together, I never shared the Bella video with you. It is very special to us and I hope you will enjoy it.




14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Total tear jerker! I'm so happy Bella is healthy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing movie!!! what a beautiful baby girl! good to see that she's happy now!
    I have such a story, too.
    My little twin sisters were born five years ago at week 27. My mums placenta removed...
    It was such a horrible time, but then suddenly they were two months old and they get to go home and then suddenly they were one.
    Sadly they died in a bad car accedent 3 years ago (let's not talk about this, it makes me sad, because these two amazing girls, i love them more than everything else and it hurts, it hurts soo much)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:23 AM

    And now I'm crying. What a beautiful way to celebrate a fierce little warrior. She is lovely, and I'm sure this video means the world to her parents and in a few years to her as well. The videos that you make are just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was amazing! Bella is ONE beautiful, happy, miracle baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! You guys are very talented. I love the way you told this story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. I am choking back tears. My twins were preemies, too. Thankfully, you'd never know. I loved the song and the sounds of her giggles. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bella is living up to her name: she is SO BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing this, Julie. It's so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing story! My mother was a NICU nurse for years- I have the utmost respect for them, and I think they have the hardest job in the world. Life is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so beautiful. you are right, she is one beautiful baby.

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:18 PM

    Achingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow. Im so glad that she is a lovely little 1 year old now. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That video was a beautiful as baby Bella.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is adorable! The video is beautiful and amazingly put together (perfect song too). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh God, I can totally relate! Or, better said, my mother can, since I was also born prematurely, in the middle of my mothers 5th month pregnancy. I was in a hospital too for about 4 months. I was looking at Bella, and saw myself. Really an amazing video. Well, this proves only one thing - girls are big warriors! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA