Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Double Fudge Brownie Recipe

A couple years ago, I bought the most adorable recipe box from ModCloth. Not only was it super cute, it was also stocked with recipes. Perfect for my not-so-experienced-cooking-self right? Of course, the first recipe I try out is the double fudge brownies, and now they are my go-to brownie recipe!
What you'll need:

2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/2 c butter
2 eggs
1 c sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c flour
dash of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan. Melt the chocolate and butter (I used the microwave). Let cool (I cheated and stuck it in the freezer for a couple minutes..). Beat the eggs until thick and then beat in the sugar and vanilla. Mix in the cooled chocolate mixture. Stir together the flour, salt and baking powder. Then add it to the chocolate mixture and blend well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Add the chocolate mixture to the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until barely set. Dust with powdered sugar (I did more than "dust"). Let cool and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Those look delicious and that recipe box is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recipe box and I wish I could make the brownies without messing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute recipe box and yummy looking brownies. Brownies are my favorite dessert.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh! this recipe looks delish! <3 I'm a new follower of your blog and I love it already. :) care to check out my blog?!

    ~lindsey~
    sprinklesofmylife1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely!
    wish they still had that cute recipe box!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA