Monday, March 5, 2012

Easy Strawberry Basil Margarita Recipe

So the strawberry basil margarita recipe I referenced in this post involved waiting a long time for the basil leaves to infuse and such....and well, when I want a strawberry basil margarita, I want a strawberry basil margarita. Waiting overnight is not an option. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.
In addition to the strawberries, basil, lemon juice and ice, I added a splash of orange juice to add sweetness. I also added 1/4 cup of tequila. Blend everything but the ice together first. Then add the ice and puree it in the blender until smooth. Yum! xo JA

12 comments:

  1. Jenna T9:56 AM

    gosh that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, gonna need to try this! your photos are awesome!!!

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:26 AM

    YUMMO!! A must try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, that looks so yummy! I'm definitely going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! And it's "healthy" too because there's no added sugar. Pinning and making these :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it last weekend with sugar and it was too sugary for me. I like it better with a hint of orange juice!And you're right, added bonus that it's not (too) bad for me! :]

      Delete
  6. omg omg!
    i lovvveee your blog!
    so many dalisous things!
    and great photo's too!<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I've never thought of putting basil in a drink! Love the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks so yummy!! a MUST try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. This recipe is amazing! Also found your blog thru The Skinny Confidential and LOVE it. Following on Bloglovin ASAP.

    You can check out my blog or follow me back @ fashion415.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA