Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY Valentine's Day Decorations

Ok, I admit it. I don't want to take down my Christmas decorations. I know the holiday is over, I know it's time to move on. But I love the warm feel that the strings of lights give our house. And let's face it, digging the storage boxes out of the garage and strategically packaging up each individual ornament is not going to be fun.

I'm trying to motivate myself by focusing on the next holiday. I've never decorated for Valentine's Day before and let's be honest, we have quite a lot of love in our home already. :] But, if it helps me get over my current Christmas decoration nostalgia, I'm going to try it. I've been searching Pinterest for some inspiration and found all kinds of fun ideas I want to try now.

Love how colorful and easy (and cheap!) this garland is.
How cute it this love banner Elsie made for her wedding?
 Great tutorial for making paper flowers.
 Adorable wreath that would be so easy to make.
 More paper garland made out of book pages!
 Add a touch of red to every day things!

What do you guys think? Do you have a hard time taking down the Christmas decorations or are you excited to get them out of the house? And do you decorate for Valentine's Day?

23 comments:

  1. last year i took down the christmas tree on valentine's day... i just hate to see it go!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:50 PM

    heart garlands make me happy<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fantastic post - I SO need to do some kind of valentines day round up!

    Brandi
    via Blogging Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love the heart garland. That is def. a must try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh these are so adorable! I love the hand-drawn banner! I've never decorated for valentines before but maybe I should this year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO PRETTY! I love the paper heart garland.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:25 PM

    LOVING these crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! I pinned a couple for later. I'm not ready for Valentines Day..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I'm definitely going to try this! I have a box full of those paint samples.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paint chip hearts! Brilliant! and the big heart on the white chair -- love it! You found some great inspiration.
    Stopping by from Etsy Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. seriously though! using paint color strips for your cutout hearts!? SO brilliant! Can be used for anything! Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the big heart in the white chair..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't usually decorate for Valentines but after seeing all these lovely decorations, I might just do something this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are some really great ideas. I love the heart garland made from the paint sample cards. I see a lot of stuff made using pages from books to. I really like that look to. Thank you for sharing these wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:54 AM

    We never take down our decorations until the end of January. But we have a seasonal business so we call it Christmas in January. This year we were so busy we didn't decorate at all and ended up enjoying the decorations at a hotel. These are great ideas so I can at least decorate for Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the banner and the heart garland with book pages! :)
    http://munchtalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amei acortina de coração de papéis!!!:D
    xoxo
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the simplicity of that wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm partial to the paper flowers. I made fabric flowers all winter for wreaths, hats, etc., so this is a good "twist" on that obsession. I love decorating for Valentine's Day, in part because it's a throwback to childhood, and in part because it's so wonderful to create a romantic environment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous9:27 AM

    Hello,
    I love the heart garland...I can't seem to find that cute heart paper punch. I like how yours is longer/slimmer then the classic heart. Any suggestions on where I can find it??

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for sharing. i am going to try this out

    ReplyDelete
  22. little miss cherry5:27 PM

    wow!!! a great website.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA