Friday, August 19, 2011

Personal Weekend Goal

This weekend my goal is to take more pictures of my daily life! This was actually my New Year's Resolution this year, and I started off good but have fallen off the wagon. My camera is just so big and heavy, I always end up talking myself out of carrying it around everywhere. But I want that to change, which in part, is why I am writing it down here. Posting my goals online seems to help me achieve them. :]
We have some definite beach time planned this weekend. It has been too long since we had a beach day (too busy!) so I'm really excited for some sun and surf. (Or more like sun and skimboard. Or more like sun and watching Jordan skimboard...) And although I normally wouldn't bring my camera, I'm attacking my personal goal and going for it! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I talk myself out of bringing my big camera with me too! But my hubby's iPhone actually takes very good quality photos so I always have that option if he's with me.

    Do you bring your camera to the beach? I've broken several cameras when sand got into them so I'm super paranoid about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same. Sometimes the chunky slr is such a drag to haul around. That's when I caved and bought a waterproof point and shoot that I have no excuse not to carry since it fits easily in my pocket (Sony TX5, I think. It's wonderful!)

    Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, that is what I'm afraid of! Getting sand trapped in little cracks in the camera or something! I'm going to bring my (even bigger and bulkier) camera bag in hopes of protecting it. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel your pain about carting a camera around. Though it's always nice when you do so you have those memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA