Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jewelry Holder Tutorial

I'm so excited about this tutorial! I've gotten into the habit of collecting old picture frames from thrift stores and estate sales and I never know what to do with them. On top of that, my current jewelry storage situation is, simply put, a hot mess. So I'm SO ready for this picture frame jewelry holder tutorial!


What you'll need:

Picture Frame
Screen or Hardware "Mesh"
Wire Cutters
Staple Gun
S-Hooks (if you want to hang necklaces)


Using the wire cutters, trim the hardware mesh to the size of the inside of the frame. Even though I knew the size of the frame, I measured the backside just to be sure!


Starting in a corner of the frame, use a staple gun to secure the mesh to the frame. Slowly work your way around the entire frame.

And it's really as simple as that! This is a perfect way for jewelry makers to display their work at a craft show! You can also use a piece of fabric covered foam core board instead of the mesh, if you want to add a splash of color. Personally, I LOVE the grid look against the pretty frame.


I also just wanted to mention that I'm being considered to have my 60% off deal featured on Heartsy! If you haven't heard of Heartsy yet, it's the Groupon of handmade (so AWESOME!). It offers you huge deals on handmade stores and I'm hoping that mine will become one of them! Please vote "Yes, definitely!" for me here!

19 comments:

  1. This is way too easy. I may just have to make some for myself. How come I never thought of this before? I have all the materials in my basement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00 PM

    Where did you purchase your wire mesh? I went to my local Michaels and Lowes and neither carried it. I was thinking latch hook material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:40 AM

      My Lowes carries it. They call it hardware cloth.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous3:04 PM

      How do u secure earrings w backs??

      Delete
  3. I'm surprised Lowes didn't have it! I got mine at Ace Hardware. It came in a large roll and was by the chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished mine! And yes, I went to Ace Hardware to get the hardware mesh. It was like $4 for a foot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. also, I found that using hot glue worked just as well as the staple gun but was easier. The staples weren't going into the frame very well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so easy and simple and gorgeous. I was hoping to link up your picture and blog info for a post I'm doing on my blog if that is okay! Love this project, so easy!

    www.ameliagrazia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea, would've never thought about this! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenna8:21 AM

    I love all your projects!! Such great ideas. Thanks for passing them along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blossom-sniffer2:29 PM

    Where did you get those tiny s hooks? Or what size are they? Excited to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Blossom, I got them at ACE Hardware, same place I got the hardware mesh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blossom-sniffer2:33 PM

    I've found 3/4" s-hooks and 1/4" s-hooks...do you know your measurement of s-hooks? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:17 PM

    Got mine at Home Depot for 10 bucks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. do you think this would work for post earrings too? I've been trying to figure out what on earth to use to organize them!

    http://munchtalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this tutorial. Now i can have more ideas to display my jewelry during the fairs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gabby7:43 PM

    Where can I get small enough s-hooks. I bought the smallest I could find and they were still too big

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Am a huge fan of your blog and am always inspired by your amazing tutorials! <3 Loved this idea so much that I put my own twist on it. Check it out if you'd like!

    http://eatingbiscuits.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/d-i-y-picture-frame-jewelry-hanger-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I read them all and reply when I can. Please be sure your blogger account is linked to your e-mail so I can do so! (Tutorial on how to do that here: http://tinyurl.com/c6gh9fk) xo JA